Get to Know Our Atlanta Criminal Defense Lawyer
Since 1985, Howard Jarrett Weintraub has been a criminal defense attorney with his own law firm in Atlanta, Georgia. Howard Weintraub has over 45 years, as both a federal prosecutor and a criminal defense attorney, of extensive trial and appellate experience in criminal prosecutions in the federal courts in Atlanta and the rest of Georgia, as well as in the federal courts in eighteen other states. He also has extensive trial and appellate experience in criminal prosecutions throughout the state courts of Georgia.
For over 35 years, as a criminal defense attorney, Howard Weintraub has devoted his legal skills to defending individuals who have been accused of such criminal matters as:
- Complex Fraud Prosecutions, including allegations of federal mail/wire/bank fraud schemes; allegations of Ponzi fraud schemes; allegations of advanced fee swindle fraud schemes; allegations of identity fraud schemes – including internet identity frauds, such as email/business takeovers; allegations of mortgage fraud schemes; and allegations of federal and state program fraud schemes and program bribery schemes involving the theft and/or the diversion of money, property, or services from the federal government and the State of Georgia governmental units.
- Money Laundering Prosecutions, including allegations concerning the promotion, concealment, structuring, and income tax evasion of the proceeds generated by the commission of criminal activities, as well as allegations concerning the depositing or use of the proceeds of the criminal activities.
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Prosecutions.
- Drug Trafficking Prosecutions, Possession With Intent To Distribute Drugs Prosecutions, and Possession Of Drugs Prosecutions, including cases involving marijuana, cocaine, methamphetamine, heroin, LSD, ecstasy (MDMA), and prescription pills such as Oxycodone, Oxycontin, Hydrocodone, Percocet, Xanax, Fentanyl, Valium, Ativan, Librium, Klonopin, and Adderall.
- Sexual Assault Prosecutions,including allegations of rape; allegations of aggravated sexual battery; and allegations of child molestation.
- Violent Crimes Against Persons Prosecutions, including allegations of murder cases; allegations of voluntary manslaughter cases; allegations of involuntary manslaughter cases; allegations of aggravated assault cases; allegations of possession of firearms/weapons during the commission of certain offenses cases; allegations of possession of firearms by convicted felon cases; allegations of armed robbery cases; allegations of domestic violence cases; allegations of terroristic threats cases; and allegations of aggravated stalking cases.
- Computer and Internet-Related Crimes Prosecutions, including online/internet sex crimes, such as allegations of possession and/or distribution of child pornography cases, allegations of attempting to entice or encourage sexual interactions with minors by luring minors online through enticements cases, allegations of transmitting sexual images of minors (sexting) cases, and sextortion cases.
- Theft Prosecutions, including allegations of theft by deception cases; allegations of theft by conversion cases; allegations of receiving stolen property cases; allegations of shoplifting cases; allegations of robbery cases; and allegations of aggravated identity theft cases.
- Income Tax Evasion Prosecutions, including allegations of the failure to file required tax returns; allegations concerning the filing of fraudulent tax returns; and allegations against tax preparers for the preparation of tax returns with false information to improperly create and/or increase a taxpayers refund or improperly reduce the taxpayers actually tax liability.
- Allegations of Driving Under The Influence of Alcohol or Drugs (DUI) Prosecutions, including cases involving individuals who are first time offenders, as well as individuals with a history of multiple DUI convictions; and vehicular homicide cases.
With more than 35 years of experience in criminal defense, Howard Weintraub has represented over 2,500 clients who have faced criminal offenses of all kinds. He has fought to protect his clients' rights and held his own in both state and federal courts. To date, he has participated in more than 100 felony jury trials, and has success handling criminal matters from direct/derivative use immunity and transactional immunity negotiations to post-trial sentencing proceedings. When it comes to Howard Jarrett Weintraub's reputation as a criminal defense lawyer in Atlanta, his reputation speaks for itself.
Former Federal Prosecutor—Working to Your Advantage
Many legal professionals have the qualifications necessary to defend individuals against criminal charges, but Atlanta criminal defense attorney Howard Jarrett Weintraub's experience as a former prosecutor gives his clients a vital edge in the courtroom. Prior to starting his own firm in 1985, Howard Weintraub served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Northern District of Georgia from 1978 to 1985 and, from 1975 to 1978, he was an attorney with the United States Department of Justice’s Criminal Division Appellate Section in Washington, D.C.
From 1975 to 1985, Howard Weintraub accumulated valuable experience in criminal prosecution and he possesses legal knowledge of the law from both sides of the courtroom. He uses this substantive and procedural knowledge of the criminal law to the advantage of his clients, who benefit from a strong defense that not only protects his clients against false accusations and misconstrued evidence, but also exposes weaknesses in the prosecution's case. Attorney Weintraub's success is built on his tenacity and determination to win, as well as through his ability to develop a personalized approach in each of his cases.
Attorney Howard J. Weintraub
Featured in Attorney at Law Magazine
A Step Above the Rest
Howard Weintraub has 45 years, as both a prosecutor and a criminal defense attorney, of success litigating criminal cases involving the following:
A defense attorney with exceptional skills and the determination to win may be the edge you need to protect your rights in court. Howard Weintraub has participated in more than 100 felony jury trials and handled cases in federal courts in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- South Carolina
During his time as a federal prosecutor, he spent several years concentrating his efforts in white-collar fraud and public corruption prosecutions. His vast legal experience covers a wide range of matters that play critical and significant factors in many criminal cases.
Howard Weintraub has experience handling essential criminal procedures, including:
- Negotiating transactional immunity from prosecution for clients
- Handling investigations, grand jury proceedings, and other matters in the pre-indictment stages of prosecutions
- Conducting internal corporate investigations in response to government investigations
- Reducing the amount of incarceration in federal and state sentencing procedures