Lowering the incidence of gun and weapons crimes is an important priority for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors throughout the United States. Federal gun and weapons laws are tough, and the penalties for conviction are harsh. You need to have the help and support of a skilled Atlanta federal weapons charges attorney who can challenge the opposition's accusations on your behalf.
Facing charges for a federal weapons offense? Contact us today to discuss your options.
Our firm can assist clients facing a variety of weapons charges:
- Charges involving firearms in a drug-related incident
- Possessing/using stolen or illegally manufactured/altered firearms
- Illegal sale, alteration, possession, and use of weapons (esp. automatic)
- Firearm possession/use in federal establishments such as post offices and airports
- Possessing/using firearms while a convicted felon or other prohibited status
- Interstate trafficking and transportation of firearms and ammunition
- Possessing/using a firearm in connection with a felony offense
- Possessing/using prohibited types of firearm ammunition
In addition to providing smart and aggressive representation against allegations of gun crimes or weapons violations in district courts throughout Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina and several other states, we also have extensive experience handling federal criminal appeals, particularly in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals and the 4th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Gun Possession Restrictions in Georgia
There are many gun possession restrictions; a person can be wholly restricted from owning or even possessing a gun if they:
- Have been convicted of crime punishable by prison for more than a year
- Are a fugitive from justice
- Have renounced their United States citizenship
- Have been committed to a mental institute or formally declared mentally defective by a court
- Are addicted to or use illegal controlled substances of any type
- Have been convicted of domestic violence
If you feel that your rights were violated in having weapons charges levied against you, and that you are fully in compliance with gun possession laws, you need an Atlanta federal weapons charges attorney who can defend those rights in a court of law.
Were you accused of violating gun possession restrictions? Get defense from our Atlanta federal weapons charges lawyer by contacting us today.
We Have the Desire to Fight
Howard J. Weintraub and Benjamin B. Alper have a 10.0 Superb Rating by Avvo
Howard J. Weintraub Has Received Commendations From the FBI, IRS, & U.S. Attorney General
Our Firm Has Over 55 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Howard J. Weintraub is an Experienced Former Federal Prosecutor