Publications from Attorney Weintraub
Mr. Weintraub has five publications on matters of criminal law:
- Effective Use Of Pretrial Motions In A DUI Case: There Are Ways To Win Without Going To Trial, Institute of Continuing Legal Education In Georgia, Publication No. 932291, December, 1993.
- Grand Jury Practice: Special Problems Of The Corporate Investigation, Institute of Continuing Legal Education In Georgia, Publication No. 901069, September, 1990.
- Forfeiture Of Attorneys' Fees Under The 1984 Comprehensive Crime Control Act, Georgia State Bar Journal, Volume 22 No. 2, November, 1985.
- An Analysis Of Alternatives To Incarceration In Georgia--A Special Research Project, Emory Law Journal, Volume 24 Separate Edition, February, 1975.
- Comment: Criminal Procedure—Constitutional Law—Increased Sentence By A Jury Permitted At Retrial Following A Successful Appeal Or Collateral Attack Of An Erroneous Conviction - Chaffin v. Stynchcombe, 412 U.S. 17 (1973), Emory Law Journal, Volume 23 No.3, Summer, 1974.
Mr. Weintraub also has taught trial techniques and methods to law students and attorneys at Emory University School of Law and the United States Department of Justice's Office of Legal Education in Washington, D.C. In addition, Mr. Weintraub has chaired and spoken at criminal law seminars in Atlanta, including the Defense of Drinking Drivers Institute held on December 9-10, 1993 in Atlanta (Speaker on the topic of Effective Pre-Trial Motion Practice); The Winter Seminar for the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers held on January 15-16, 1993 (Chairman); and the Corporate Criminal Defense Seminar held on September 14, 1990 (Speaker on the topic of Grand Jury Practice: Special Problems Of The Corporate Investigation).
Mr. Weintraub has been the Chairman of the Criminal Law Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and was a member of the Board of Directors of the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Mr. Weintraub is a member of numerous professional organizations including the State Bar of Georgia, the Atlanta Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Georgia Defense of Drinking Drivers Network and the Lawyers Club of Atlanta.
Mr. Weintraub was born on November 30, 1950, in New York City, New York.