Taking on charges related to prostitution can be a very intimidating and distressing experience. At Weintraub & Alper Legal, we understand that it can be a very stressful time for our clients. If you or someone you know is caught in the legal complexities surrounding prostitution in Atlanta, it's essential to have an experienced and dedicated legal team by your side. Our skilled Atlanta prostitution defense lawyers are here to provide you with the guidance and strong advocacy you need during this challenging time.
Call Weintraub & Alper Legal today at (404) 907-1536 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our prostitution attorney in Atlanta.
What is Prostitution?
Prostitution involves the exchange of sexual acts for money or goods. While attitudes toward prostitution vary widely, Georgia law takes a strict stance on this matter. Engaging in or soliciting sexual acts for financial gain is illegal in Atlanta and throughout the state. The legal framework surrounding prostitution is complex, and that's where our experienced attorneys step in to help navigate the intricacies of the law.
What are the Penalties for Prostitution in Georgia?
Prostitution charges in Georgia carry significant legal consequences that can severely impact your personal and professional life. Penalties for prostitution-related offenses may include:
- Misdemeanor Charges: Engaging in prostitution, soliciting prostitution, or pimping are generally classified as misdemeanors. A conviction can lead to fines, probation, community service, mandatory counseling, and even a jail sentence.
- Registration as a Sex Offender: Depending on the specific circumstances, a prostitution conviction may require you to register as a sex offender, which will have far-reaching implications on various aspects of your life.
- Negative Social Impact: Beyond the legal consequences, a prostitution conviction can damage your reputation, strain personal relationships, and affect future employment opportunities.
Defenses Against Prostitution Charges
Being charged with a prostitution-related offense does not mean you're automatically guilty. Our skilled Atlanta prostitution defense attorneys will meticulously review the details of your case and explore various defense strategies, including:
- Lack of Evidence: The prosecution must provide solid evidence to prove your involvement in prostitution beyond a reasonable doubt. If there are weaknesses in the evidence, we will work to build a strong defense on your behalf.
- Entrapment: Law enforcement agencies must follow strict procedures when conducting sting operations. If you were coerced or entrapped by law enforcement into executing a crime, you would not have otherwise committed; we can challenge the validity of the charges.
- Violation of Constitutional Rights: If your legal rights were violated during the arrest, search, or interrogation process, any evidence obtained may be deemed inadmissible in court. Our attorneys are adept at identifying such violations and using them to your advantage.
- Mistaken Identity: In some cases, mistaken identity can lead to false accusations. We will investigate the specific circumstances surrounding your arrest to ensure that you are not wrongfully convicted.
Contact Our Prostitution Defense Attorney in Atlanta Today
If you're facing prostitution-related charges in Atlanta, don't navigate the legal process alone. At Weintraub & Alper Legal, our prostitution attorneys are devoted to providing you with a strong defense and personalized guidance throughout your case. We understand the sensitive nature of these charges and will work diligently to protect your rights and reach the best possible outcome for your situation.
At Weintraub & Alper Legal, we combine compassion with tenacity, ensuring that you receive the support you need while we aggressively advocate for your rights in the courtroom. Our legal team's dedication make us a trusted resource for individuals facing prostitution charges in Atlanta.
Contact Weintraub & Alper Legal today to get started with our Atlanta prostitution defense lawyer.
We Have the Desire to Fight
Howard J. Weintraub and Benjamin B. Alper have a 10.0 Superb Rating by Avvo
Howard J. Weintraub Has Received Commendations From the FBI, IRS, & U.S. Attorney General
Our Firm Has Over 55 Years of Combined Legal Experience
Howard J. Weintraub is an Experienced Former Federal Prosecutor